photo homebutton_zps0beb8f26.jpg photo about_zpsf17ad5e4.jpg photo meetthegals_zps9c83bb6d.jpg photo events_zpsf872c351.jpg recipes workouts.jpg contact
 photo faith-fashion-fitness_zps726acd6a.png

October 1, 2013

Meet Classy Fit Gal - Alycone

SW: 363lbs  |  CW: 238lbs  |  GW: 199
Just no more 2's!

"My breaking point was my wedding last year in October, we were engaged for 6 months and in the time it took to get a wedding together and changing jobs, being a fit bride just fell to the wayside."
So when I saw the picture of our first dance, I almost cried. A time when I should have been celebrating our new life together I was stuck on how huge I felt and looked. I decided with all the new starts in my life it was time to tackle this weight thing for once and for all. 

Funny thing, I went in for my yearly check up in February 2013 and was diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer.

That was truly a shocking day for me, I had started my journey to become healthier to start our family and all in one day those dreams were dashed. After months of testing, biopsies, surgeries, and finally ending in a full hysterectomy in April and 6 rounds of chemo, I fought through. 


Something people often forget to tell you about chemotherapy is the steroids.  People often associate chemo with nausea and automatic weight loss. I wish that were true:) but normally the drug regimen is at least two different steroids to keep your weight steady and in a lot of cases it packs on the pounds. 


"However, I was determined to maintain a healthy and positive lifestyle to fight the cancer."

I walked as much as I could, did light weight lifting until I was cleared for heavier weights, and danced every chance I got. 

Cancer was not going to take me out of the game. 

I had way too many things and people to live for. My doctor still jokes with me to this day.  I got up the first day of my hysterectomy and was walking the halls, IV pole and hospital gown - LOL. But there was a sign in my room that said walk four times a day, to keep the doctor away and I was ready to go home!

I've been on this journey for almost a year and through this process I have realized I am stronger than I ever thought I could be. I'm much more active, more outgoing, and live in sweats - but now for workouts not lounging. 

One thing that I love is juicing. It is a wonderful thing and has numerous benefits -  but it can be hard on the pocket, and people will look at you crazy when you say you are going a set amount of time on liquids only -  but stay focused!



"I encourage everyone to get healthy while they can, there is no starting point you have to "weight" for, don't wait until you have a preventable disease or health scare to start making changes."

One of the things that played well in my recovery from both surgery and through chemo is that my body was already under repair and had the foundation to fight back. 

"I want to be able to say in 5 years that I am a survivor and have had not recurrences."

Stay connected with Alycone:
Web site thefitliferx.bigcartel.com 
Instagram @keepitkurvy

7 comments:

  1. Alycone has such a powerful story! I'm glad she's doing well and keeping up with her fitness journey. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, she is doing amazingly well so proud of her!

      Delete
  2. Her link to the website isn't working. However, she is like.....THE BOMB! That first picture shows so much hard work and dedication. Her story is amazing and I loved reading every word. She's giving me so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! It's updated now - she sent me a new one. So happy you're inspired - GOAL ACCOMPLISHED! :)

      Delete
  3. What an inspiration! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the blog!! And you right healthy is the way to go. My husband juices for me!! I need to learn to use that machine myself!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found her on Instagram, read her story, and I just had to join her on her fitness journey! Signed up for her Dirty30 bootcamp and I am already down 9lbs!!! Thank you so much for inspiring and motivating me to be healthier!! Cancer runs high in my family and I want to be the one who finally breaks the cycle. I am so glad that you have fought through and won the battle against cancer!!! Thank you so much Cici for inspiring me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...