photo homebutton_zps0beb8f26.jpg photo about_zpsf17ad5e4.jpg photo meetthegals_zps9c83bb6d.jpg photo events_zpsf872c351.jpg recipes workouts.jpg contact
 photo faith-fashion-fitness_zps726acd6a.png

July 2, 2013

Meet Classy Fit Gals Founder and Creator
ebby.K ~ the Beginning

SW:  225  |  CW: 193  |  GW:  150
 I remember the day like it was yesterday. I went to the doctor for my annual physical and of course I was nervous. Going to the doctor was never an exciting adventure for me - the suspense throws my pressure up every time- and this time it was no different. 

As I waited patiently for my doctor to come into my room, I began to pray. I didn't know what she was going to tell me. 

"I knew I was overweight but I didn't know how 
overweight I was."

When she finally came in, she said "Eboné you weigh 220 pounds." I said "WHAT!" She knew by the look on my face that I was in pure shock, and at that moment the tears began to fall. 

It was then that I knew in my heart that I had to make some changes.  I called my then fiancé and started crying. Naturally it was easier for me to blame someone else for my weight and of course I did- but he took the blame like a champ and said "babe,lets work on it together." We came up with a game plan but so much was going on in our lives that year that health and wellness took a back burner so I pushed it off. 

We were both in graduate school getting our MBAs, preparing to get married a few months after I graduated and in the midst relocating to another city. 

That was in 2012....

Now here we are 2013 and still my health and wellness was not the priority in my life. Heck I was a newlywed in a new city adjusting to married life. Checking out the restaurants in our new town was recreation for me- it shows in my 2k+ pics on Instagram

February 2013 - I weighed 225 pounds!

But one day, I got on the scale and it read a whopping 225 LBS!! I knew something was up because my bras were getting tighter, my face fatter and my knees were killing me! Standing for long period of times was hard for me, and let me wear heels...I was really in pain. 

April 1, 2013 my husband decided to cancel our membership at the Y and revisit a gym we visited when we first got back from our honeymoon. I said "dude you're not leaving me, I'm going with you." So we went, talked to the sales lady and decided it was time to make a change. 

Of course the sales lady wanted to add on to the sale so she asked if we were interested in personal training. Knowing the goals we had in mind my husband told her that we needed to discuss in private so she walked away to let us chat. 

In our conversation I got very emotional. See, my weight was always a sensitive subject for me-no one ever knew it but it was. I felt my weight held me back from pursuing a lot of opportunities. I've felt like this for years! My personal life didnt suffer at all, I was always fabulous (on the outside) BUT on the inside and my true self esteem suffered. 

I knew I was heavy but I had no idea how heavy I was and how bad it was. 

Truly God spared my life because the doctor didn't find any signs of illness, but she did see some signs of high blood pressure and high cholesterol- all of which run in my family. She also said I was at high risk to get diabetes- that runs in my family also so I knew I had to make some changes.  I stood in determination that I was going to break the chain of illness in my family because I was going to start taking better care of myself.

As I was wiping my tears the sales lady came out but this time a cute fit lady came out and introduced herself as Melissa- she is one of the trainers. Melissa was so bubbly and full of energy and I immediately liked her! 

Melissa looked at my report and said wow, I used to weigh over 200 pounds so I understand your struggle. I immediately began to cry...AGAIN! There was no way this petite fit lady full of bubbles used to weight over 200 pounds! I knew right then and there I wanted a trainer and my husband supported me in that decision and we decided to make that investment in me.

So, here I am today, sharing with you my personal journey, my testimony to become to best ebby.K I can be. 
Left: Summer 2013  Right: September 2013

"The journey to defeat all doubts that I've had in my head for years about loosing weight and being athletic again are broken. "

I CAN do this and i WILL do this! This is a walk not a race; a  journey to not only see the numbers on the scale go down, but to become who I truly am created to be and that is to BE BEAUTIFUL starting from the inside and having it radiate out- SEE myself as beautiful and most important FEEL the beauty that is within me. 

I invite you to stay a while and take this walk with me. I pray you are inspired and empowered to dig within yourself and find YOUrself. 

"feel your BEAUTY and OWN IT!©
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Classy Fit Gals is now on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter ~
Stay Connected, Be Inspired! 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations EB! I re-started my journey yesterday and will definitely be using your site for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FANTASTIC! Remember - one day at a time. Don't beat yourself up, just keep moving forward. There will be setbacks but you will win more then loose as long as you keep trying!

      Delete
  2. I too will be using your site for inspiration. You touched a nerve when you mentioned the high cholesterol and blood pressure talk with your doctor. After a lifetime of type II diabetes and a 7 year battle with heart disease our grandmother passed on Christmas day 2005. The thing is, we simply didn't know then what we know now, and we had to learn through her journey. I totally feel you on the family tip. While I've never had the physical weight challenge skinny people get the same stuff too, and Tracey and I are determined to learn from Grandma's mistakes. Many xoxoxo to you! -Lauren Waring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Lawryn - this is motivating and inspiring. You know in our genealogy we often find our elders being sick for diseases that are known in our culture but we have the opportunity to break the cycle. I am honored and blessed that you will be using my blog as inspiration - that only motivates me to continue to share and to continue to push. xoxoxoxoxo!

      Delete
  3. P.S. Now you know you have taken better pictures than the one on the left. Weight or no weight. Just saying. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I just wanted everyone to see the difference and I thought that pic showed a true story -#nofilter LOL

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I can relate to your story, as I am too undergoing the same transformation. I didn't see it until I did comparison pics...and was like "WHOA"!

    Reign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT! My friends encouraged me to do before and afters and it was only at that point when I said WOWZERS! I told myself I don't want to go back to that place anymore! We got this sis!

      Delete
  5. Amazing!! I'm starting my journey too!! I'm finally loving to workout:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Michelle!!!! It's really mental - some days are better than others but you are right it is ALL MENTAL!!! Once you tell yourself you're loving this - you will really LOVE IT!

      Delete
  6. Been on my journey since Jan of this year. I'm always looking for inspirations, especially at this time due to the fact that I've hit my 'wall', so to speak. I'm liking the changes that my body have experienced but I know I can do better.

    Congratulations on your most recent weight loss. Totally could see a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic VIV! I would encourage you to switch it up to shock your body again. Maybe taking classes or if you're taking classes I would suggest doing more cardio like on machines. Also, the stair master - that's a butt and leg killer and will have your heart rate through the roof! Also, strength training is important. Weight loss is great but having the strength behind it is a PLUS~!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...